Saturday, October 29, 2011

Busy Bee

Malcolm's got himself a new girlfriend.
This is one reason why I haven't been posting. That would be my new kitty, Natalie. Now, if I can bother myself to get up and get my phone, I'll have some better pictures of this beautiful little girl to show you all.

Let me backtrack a bit. First, I got a job. That's the other reason why I haven't been posting, and it also happens to be related to the first reason. I work at a pet store, and we have space for rescues to come and put their cats up for adoption. You can guess what happened from there. It took me one week to go from, "So cute, but we shouldn't," to, "Boyfriend, come down here and look at the kitties. I want one." And he did, and even though he walked in determined to say no, he couldn't say no to this:

Seriously, how cute are these two together?!
It was love at first sight for us, and practically the same for them-- as much as it can be with cats, anyways. They were playing together by the end of the day, and in the world of cats, that's just as good. Malcolm no longer wails in the morning. Felix couldn't care less, as long as Natalie keeps a respectful distance. Laying within close proximity is fine too.

Laying within extra-close proximity is also fine with Malcolm.

So, that's what's been going on in the past month. Maybe when I have some time tomorrow, I'll put together a video and have something else to post.

3 comments:

  1. I live with eleven other cats... yeah, there are TWELVE of us! Anywho... some of us get along with each other better than others. The peeps just love seeing us develop relationships with one another and whatnot. Makes 'em happy. Gotta keep your peeps happy... if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Sounds like your life is quite the adventure. :)

      Delete